Sunday, March 21, 2010

Two years later...

It hit me hard this week when we marked our second anniversary back from Japan. Wow. Incredible. We have now been back in Ohio longer than we lived in Tokyo. How is that possible??? Ian and I still miss Japan, not sure Addison remembers very much. That is sad. I'm surprised we haven't had any opportunities to be back for a visit in this two-year period. Again, sad!

But, as I look back, I'm filled with warm and wonderful feelings. I will always hold our time in Tokyo dear to my heart. If Ian is ever offered the opportunity to work there again, I'll be sure to encourage that.

Recently, Addison and I read a children's book called "Grandfather's Journey" by Allen Say. It is written in English and was such a wonderful story with beautiful illustrations about a man's immigration to America and then his return to Japan. The last line of the book goes something like this "As soon as I'm in one country, my heart longs to be back in the other." I can feel this longing as well.

God bless all our friends in Japan. We miss you!

1 comment:

Shoko A. said...

I hadn't checked your blog for a long time. It's 4 months later since you put this comment. I miss you, too, Amanda-san!