Hi! Bet you've been wondering if we're already out of the country. Not quite. We're definitely in the nomadic phase. And yes, that word choice is completely appropriate. We moved into corporate housing in Marysville on Friday, March 3. We moved out of there and into corporate housing in Dublin on Monday, March 6. Honestly, we didn't want to move that quickly. The apartment in Marysville was spacious with two bedrooms and two baths. It was dirty though. I don't know what cleaning service was hired, but they didn't deserve to be paid. That was only part of the problem. On both Friday and Sunday nights while we were there the neighbors had a domestic dispute. Very scary indeed and I called the cops both nights. They probably fought on Saturday night too, but we were out of town. So after all that drama, we're relocated into a one bedroom apartment. Thankfully, it's only a couple of weeks and we're almost to the end of that.
The movers were scheduled for three days, Monday the 6th through Wednesday the 8th. I knew there was no way it would take them the entire three days. I was right. By the end of the day on Tuesday, they had packed the trucks and were gone. Wednesday Ian and I cleaned the condo. Addy's sitter, Michelle, was my life line and watched Addy those three days. Otherwise, I don't know how Addison would've had even half a normal day.
Since the movers came and went, the rest of the time seems like a blur. I was off more days than I worked this month. But, by no means were the days uneventful. There were lots of errands and running to take care of. Ian and my last day at work was Friday, the 17th. Ironically, I was late for my last day. The battery in the Scooby died. Eh, not like I did much that last day anyway. [TC, I don't know how you had a full day's work on your last day.]
So, we're in Virginia now. We're actually at the end of our visit. We're leaving in the morning and heading back to Ohio. We've tried very hard to just relax after all the craziness of the last month. We'll be back in Columbus for one night and then it's off to Canton. Addy and I will be there for about two weeks. Ian is returning to Columbus on Sunday and flying off to San Fran on Tuesday.
I'm sure you're wondering when the next set of photos are coming. Soon, I promise. Dad and Eileen have the same type of camera software and I'll be able to post pics once I'm there. Plus, I'm going to find a Web site that I can put all the photos on and you can link to them from this page. There's a ton of photos from Addy's two early birthday parties that I want to share.
Honestly, it still hasn't set in that I'm moving to a country where I'll be a minority and I don't speak the language. I should be filled with fear. Or at least concern. I'm still not thinking much beyond the next few days. I swear, I've been in survival mode for weeks now and don't know how to turn it off.
Ok, well, that's all for now. More in a couple of days plus new pictures! :)
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I miss you!!!!!!
Me too!!
Post a Comment