On February 21st our friends Nicole and Ethan came from Utsunomiya for a visit. Their first day here I planned a day of shopping in the Shinjuku area. Little did I know that all the department stores were going to be closed! We wandered around Shinjuku anyway and marveled at the line for Krispy Kreme donuts. The store has been open since December 15th, but people are still lining up for a taste. I've heard the wait is sometimes 2 hours. To my knowledge, it's the first Krispy Kreme in Japan.


Nicole, Ethan, Addison, and I met Ian in Shibuya for dinner. Ethan and Addy waited as patiently as possible. We went to TGI Friday's, a favorite of Nicole.


"We love TGI Friday's"!!The next day, the 22nd, was devoted to the kids. We took them to Kodomo no Shiro, the National Children's Caste. Addison had been there twice before. Once last May with Markus and once in the fall with Shoko, my sensei. Each time we've gone, Addison has found new things to do and play with. This time it was the large slide/play area and the tricycles. The kids had a blast. Nicole and I were beat by the end of the day, but it was worth it.

"Let's go in already"!




Crossing the bridge in the play area
A tunnel!

"What's inside the box"?
And remember how I told you a few posts ago about our new camera? And how I took over 300 pictures with it the first month we owned it? Well, here's about 50 that I took just in the two days Nicole and Ethan visited us. I love taking pictures of Addison and her friends and love our new camera's wonderful small size!
No comments:
Post a Comment