Saturday, June 30, 2007

Rugby get-together

Saturday, June 16, we had an invitation to join the Honda Rugby Club at a karaoke place. We understood it would be a family event. Something got a little lost in the translation or something changed and we didn't find out beforehand. Addison and I were the only family members in a group of ruggers. Not only were we the only family, but there was no singing! Turns out the ruggers wanted to watch film of previous matches. Definitely not the evening I thought we were going to have. We all had some snacks and some drinks. We stayed at the karaoke place for two hours. Addy never threw a temper-tantrum or got angry. But, it was challenging for us to keep her entertained in our crowded karaoke room. We let her have the camera so she could take some pictures. It certainly helped that Poppa was making loads of silly faces for her!

Our karaoke room upon arrival.


Pose!

Everyone helped entertain Addy.







Poppa's super silly faces!

I was about to head home when Ian said the ruggers were searching for a restaurant. Since we had only had some snacks, Addy and I again tagged along. We had some more food and some more drinks and then it was time for Addy and me to head home. Ian stayed a little longer. The guys were all super nice to Addison and me. So even though the evening wasn't what I expected, it was still a good time!

No comments: