Friday, July 03, 2009

Our Surprise 03-12-08

As I mentioned in a few posts previous to this one, I had been feeling under the weather for a few days. I really couldn't put my finger on it. Too much cold weather in Karuizawa? Sinus infection? Flu? I just didn't feel like myself. I decided I would take a pregnancy test - for laughs, because I was sure I wasn't expecting. But, I was. Surprise! Ian was more surprised when I called him at work on the morning of March 5.

Me: "I'm pregnant."
Ian: "WHAT?!?!" accompanied by a laugh

God sure surprised us with his timing! 14 days prior to boarding a plane to return to the States I had a positive home pregnancy test. I was six weeks pregnant. I called an English-speaking OB and got an appointment for an ultrasound for the following week. On Wednesday, March 12, 2008 we got our first look at Baby Haggerty and got to hear baby's heartbeat. Everything looked great on that first wonderful ultrasound. Such sweet relief! I knew right then we had a tough (resilient) baby. You have to remember we'd been celebrating our departure with many sayonara parties and much drinking. It was such a moving moment to share with Ian and Addison. I shed a few tears of relief and happiness.

No comments: