Christmas always seems to sneak up on me, but this year perhaps more so than usual. The weather in Tokyo was very mild for December with temperatures in the mid-50's. On sunny days it was pleasant to be outside. It barely seemed like Christmastime, let alone winter. Other things too led our Christmas spirit astray - lack of decorations in our house and lack of Christmas cookies to name a couple. Before I knew it, it was the middle of the month and I had very little shopping completed. Ah, it all worked out in the end, even if I did grab a few gifts in the airport mall an hour before our flight.
Besides the shopping and general stresses of getting ready to make a huge flight, I decided we should have a dessert party. I really miss baking cookies. I've been baking Christmas cookies since I was 3 years old! My little Tokyo oven just doesn't allow for it. But, there are a few things I can bake without any trouble. On the 17th some of our friends gathered with us for sweets and coffee and tea. It was a nice, relatively low-key event.
Our Honda-paid-for-home-leave was two weeks long, but it went by in a blink. We spent the first week in Ohio. There were definitely some difficult times for myself and my family as this was our first Christmas without Jason. It was a blessing to see the rest of the family and some of our friends. During our second week while in Virginia, the weather brought almost spring-like temperatures. We barely needed jackets! Carolyn watched Addison New Year's Eve while Ian and I had a nice dinner together. What a treat that was! It was wonderful to gather with our family in that part of the country too.
I created a slide show of our December happenings. It's a long one! And I trimmed a lot! Hope you enjoy!
Oh yes! I must not forget to mention the new addition to the American Eateries in the sidebar. I found a Cold Stone Creamery while I was Christmas shopping last month!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Just a quick note from Uncle Ivan. Enjoyed your holiday pictures and the movies of Addy. Hope all remains well with you and yours. Had a note from Charlie that provided Heather's blog. Don't know if you were aware she was going to South Africa - business I think. Well, she is there. Need her blog address? Let me or Charlie know. Love and God's blessings.
Post a Comment