Monday, November 13, 2006

The Skiles Family's Halloween Party

The Skiles Family are another family on OAP (Overseas Assignment Program) from Honda. Randy, Nicole, and Ethan have been in Japan almost a year. Randy works for the auto division of Honda. The auto division isn't as close to Tokyo as the motorcycle division. The Skiles live in Utsunomiya, where the auto division is, about an hour and a half drive from Tokyo.

I first starting talking to Nicole last January or so. She was my inside scoop on all things to bring to Japan regarding a small baby. Ethan is just a few months older than Addison and Nicole's help was invaluable in the packing process.

Until Saturday, October 28th, we'd never met the Skiles. Nicole and I have been emailing, but we'd never met. It was very exciting to finally get to met them and to see where they live. As we drove further and further out of Tokyo I told Ian I felt like the city mouse going to visit the country mouse. That wasn't far from the truth! Utsunomiya is much more like a city in the states. The primary mode of transportation is a car; not walking or trains. The Skiles have a house; not an apartment. And their house has a yard and shed too!

Their Halloween party was great fun. Addy went as Sweet Pea - in other words, as herself. She didn't seem to notice the costumes the kids were wearing. Next year when she can verbalize a choice in costume, we'll dress her up.



One other tidbit - I got to add another restaurant to my list in the sidebar. We saw a Big Boy restaurant in the Utsunomiya area.

1 comment:

skilesfamily said...

What a fun party:) Great slideshow. I am glad you were able to make it.