On Wednesday the 15th we went to the beach at our condo again in the morning. In the afternoon we drove from Kihei (that's where our condo was) to Lahaina for surf lessons. Yup, Ian and yours truly tried our hands...er feet at the long board. It was a blast! I wish that we could have taken our turns more quickly. Bobbing out in the ocean while we waited for other surf students to ride the waves made me a little sea sick. Ah well, I went first before Ian and stood up right away. You can see the surprise and joy all over my face. Ian said I put the pressure on. He followed me and also stood up his first time. Ian become more confident the more turns he took and even showed a little "Hang Loose" style. :) The surf school had a photographer, who had an amazingly fast camera. It took 8 pictures every second. Wow. Needless to say, that's where these surfing pictures came from. Addison was an angel for Mom. She sat in the sand on the beach and played in the sand for the approximately hour and a half we surfed.
On Thursday it was more relaxing. Beach in the morning and hanging out. I made dinner Thursday evening. I was so excited to have use of a full-size oven that I baked chocolate chip cookies and macaroni-and-cheese. Ian convinced me to leave the dinner preparations for a little while to come and view the sunset in front of the condo. I was happy he dragged me away from the kitchen. It was a beautiful sunset.
On our final full day on Maui we drove to the Tedeschi Winery to sample some grape, pineapple, and raspberry wines. Across the street from the winery is the 'Ulupalakua Ranch, where these pictures were taken.
Mom is sitting with some sculptures of ranch hands.
Of course Addison loved meeting this kitty.
It was a wonderful time in Maui. I would go back in a heartbeat. There was so much to see and do. We really didn't scratch the surface. The weather was so perfect. Our vacation was over much too quickly, but I'm so glad that we had these experiences.
2 comments:
Beautiful Hawaii indeed! Lovely photos! Glad to hear that you all had a blast. I can't wait to hear more about your trip sometime. Take care! Jya matane...
I haven't read your blog in a looong time, but just did today and we were just in Maui, too! Just got back 5 days ago and saw the same cat at the winery. Random, I know, but just thought it was funny that we were in the same place and live so far apart. Anyway, hope you're doing well! We're moving on San Francisco in a week for Aaron to start a new job! Take care. :)
-Rebecca Steelman
Post a Comment